A Beading Defeat
We were so excited and confident placing those beads…….. the first two bead placements went so well………… and then in a panic email to Bonnie I asked “do your beads show up?” my beads showed up beautifully ON THE BACK SIDE! (see the first photo) Bonnie confirmed our fears. At this point we had come too far on the collar and we were NOT ripping. We completed our collars and they are stunning even with out the beads.
A wonderful solution
Bonnie and I were both ready to pull our hair out trying to keep track of the chart, 10 pages of pattern, decreases and lace. We are using “After This Row” again which is wonderful, however, I am having a heck of a time remembering which way decreases go on the wrong side of the work so I have to refer to the stitch key constantly.
The “Knitting Pattern Keeper” which we just started to sell in the shop has been AMAZINGLY helpful. I can keep my place on the chart, while keeping the directions available it even has a holder for a pen (which comes with the kit)
Looking at the photo from the pattern we were suspicious that the sleeves were long. The model has them bunched at her elbow so after reading about sleeves on Ravelry we decided that we would shorten our sleeves by an inch. The challenge with this modification is that we must still end up with the correct number of stitches to shape the cap of the sleeves. Bonnie began the cap shaping immediately after the last increase and it worked out to be exactly one inch. My method was a little different; I made my increases up a little bit more often than the pattern called for which resulted in arriving at the correct number of stitches needed for the cap of the sleeve an inch earlier.